Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota tundra: Toyota tundra has been sitting in storage for

Customer Question

Toyota tundra has been sitting in storage for six years not driven at all. how can I get this truck road ready?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dj replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting us with your question. I'm DJ.I would drain the gas tank and replace the fuel before attempting to start the truck.Replace the battery.Change the oil and filter.If the brake fluid is honey colored, leave it alone. If it's black, replace it.If the transmission fluid is pink and doesn't stink, leave it alone. If it's brown or black or smells burnt, flush the transmission. Don't do a drain and refill, it must be power flushed.If you're in a high humidity area, like Florida, drain the front and rear differentials and the transfer case and replace the fluid. If the fluids look milky, replace them. Otherwise leave the fluids alone unless you know the fluids have never been chanced.That's about it. You may have to reprogram the remotes and reset the pinch memories on the windows and sun roof, but that's a five minute deal and only if it's needed.Please let me know if you have any additional questions on this or if there is anything more I can do to help you.DJ