Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Camry: 2010 Camry, purchased the car a couple of months ago,

Customer Question

2010 Camry, purchased the car a couple of months ago, it had the smell then, and does now. I can leave the windows down and get in the car, and no smell. Roll the windows up, and in a couple of minutes the smell appears. I have replaced the carpet, stripped the inside, all the seats, and pressure washed them, smell still there, smells like WD40. The smell is there, no different when the car is running.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I took all the seats out, shut the doors, and the smell is still there, the only thing that I hadn't done is change the headliner, which I dont think it is in, I have just run out of answers. It almost like some chemical is sitting in the car somewhere, and its strong.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds like you have some type of issue inside the AC evaporator under the dash. If I were you, before I did anything else, I would go to your lo9cal Toyota dealer parts department and get a can of AC cleaner. This can has a hose that you run into the AC box via the AC condensate drain tube. The product in the can then foams up inside the AC box and cleans the smells out. The product then drains onto the ground when the foaming/cleaning action is complete. It is certainly worth the price of the can of product (the service department will do this for you too; it is not expensive) to see if the AC is causing the problem, which most likely it is. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer