Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Camry: I gave my 2015 Toyota camry (bought a month ago) for

Customer Question

I gave my 2015 Toyota camry (bought a month ago) for fixing the dent of left rear door and quarter panel. They kept it for 10 days. I got it today after they fixed the body.
Ignition made a different sound when i started it for the first time and once the car did not start at all. I pulled out the key and tried ignition again and finally after 2 tries the car started.
The digital Rear view camera is not working. The screen shows navigation and all the application and the moment I place my car in reverse, instead of displaying the rear view the screen turns black. When I place my car back in park or drive mode the screen starts displaying everything.
Please tell me ways to fix my camera and help me to understand if the auto repair shop had done something with my new car battery.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the repair shop had done any welding to the vehicle if they did not disconnect the battery when the welding was done this will damage control units/ecu's and other electronics in the vehicle.I suspect this may be what has occurred here and you may have a body ecu fault.
I would have this tested further to pinpoint the fault here.This will require having the fault codes checked to see what codes are set and from there the codes diagnosed to locate and repair the cause.
If found to be caused by the repair shop I would see if they will cover the costs for repair.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not at all satisfied with the answer and the service. Getting answer after 3 days doesn't make sense. It was clearly mentioned that I will get answer within 10 minutes and maximum within 24 hrs. No amount was supposed to be debit from my account if I was not satisfied. I see that $ 4 + $9 has been deducted from my account. You did not abide at all by what ever was mentioned on your site. I need my money back or else I will have to place this in dispute.
You can't do this, you take credit card details and just deduct money, when it was clearly mentioned that it will be deducted only if I like the answer.