sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Camry: I have a 1996 Toyota Camry and the power window on the

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Toyota Camry and the power window on the driver side does not work..we have bought a new master switch but it hasn't helped. the passenger front and back will work
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If none of the windows worked from the master then a wiring issue would be likely, but if the other windows do work from the master then you should be able to rule out a wiring issue. It isn't uncommon for wiring to break in the boot between the door and body but that will take down all windows.
The most likely cause for a single window not working would be a failed window motor, especially if the switch has been replaced. What will need to be done is remove the door panel, unpin the window motor and use a test light set up across the connector terminals to see if it lights when pressing the window switch. If it does then the motor has failed.