Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Toyota Highlander: cj, my wife's highlander had a power interrupt

Customer Question

cj, my wife's highlander had a power interruption...dead battery recently. Upon replacing the battery, we lost the function of the radio, Navigation dvd reader and rear camera monitor. the DVD disc will eject but whether the dvd is in or out of the Nav unit, the touch screen on this JBL unit reads" no dvd insert map". purchased a replacement unit from a refurbishing outlet and plugged it in to the vehicle and had the same error message with no function of radio, nav, etc. Did have a mice nest removed from cabin air filter just after the dead battery issue. Any reset pattern? could mice have chewed some of the wiring causing a slow trickle discharge of the battery and perhaps a power connection to the radio and nav unit? Already had dealership check all related fuses and were reportedly all fine. Any ideas?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This may be wiring damage from the mice/rodents that have caused this here.I have seen rodents chew up wiring and cause these types of faults here and had to repair the wiring.If you have not had the wiring checked at the fuse panels and engine bay area this should be done.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I could have given this answer myself. Sorry
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize my answer didn't help with what you were looking for here.If there is anything else I can do to help please let me know as I strive to achieve a good to excellent rating.If you feel I cannot help you any further I can also opt out and put this question back on the list to see if others can assist more just let me know if this is what you would like to do.
Thanks Pete