carguy1
carguy1, auto technician
Experience:  25 Years experience all makes and models.Nissan factory trained,Certified Subaru Tech
2921078

My 2009 Prius had the right side HID light fail at 90,000 miles.

Customer Question

My 2009 Prius had the right side HID light fail at 90,000 miles. The dealership stated it was not the bulb but the electronic control unit costing $900.00 for parts and labor. To get to this point cost me $100.00 for the removal of the front bumper. I was not in a position to slap 800.00 more dollars, so in effect, I'm 100 dollars in the hole. What other options do I have?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  carguy1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,At this point probably the least expensive way to go is to locate a used one and have an independent shop install it for you. Try Uneedapart.com for the used part. This is a search engine for used parts. You might also find the part aftermarket on Ebay. These are the worst, I had about the same issue with my Maxima and got the whole setup for just under $250 when dealer cost was $650. I would try for used or aftermarket.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.