Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a 2005 Toyota corolla, it make a whissle wen

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2005 Toyota corolla, it make a whissle wen accelerate pass 50 mph it get laugh at 60 wen I take my foot of the accelerator it stop what can it be??

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. A whistle at 50 mph is usually from the moisture "weep hole" in the exhaust. V this would be easy to find by raising the car up on a hoist, and, with the engine at idle, clamp off the tailpipe. The exhaust will be forced out of the weep hole. If it whistles then, replace the muffler. We have had a different whistle noise that we have encountered. This could also be the windshield seal. To check this, take 3" wide masking tape and run the tape along the windshield where the glass meets the body. Drive it. If the noise changes any, have the windshield seal inspected.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. If you are satisfied with my input, please award a positive rating. I would greatly appreciate your generosity
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Undecidedthat's really make sense. but I already try that, I seal the windshear put a new muffler seal all covers on botton of the car,clean the throttle body, replaced a/c compressor pulley bearing, also tension pulley, is really frustrating, i like to travel and I am affraigh I may get stuck somewhere.

Since the noise is accentuated on accelerate, and reduces on developing, it is a fair estimation you have an exhaust whistle. The places to look here are the exhaust manifold gasket, the gaskets between the front exhaust pipe and the converter, the gasket between the converter and the rear exhaust section. I would not be surprised to see an exhaust manifold gasket leaking if everything is ok