Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Sienna: 2006 Toyota Sienna with 140K miles, turn signals don't

Customer Question

2006 Toyota Sienna with 140K miles, turn signals don't work (hazard light do work) and the doors don't lock once the shifter is moved out of park. Door locks randomly locked while driving, as well as the AC fan motor sounded like it increased speed with out driver input. Battery was replaced about 2 months ago. Thoughts? The power sliding door stopped working a few months ago but may be unrelated to new issue.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found that if I put pressure on the fuse box (by the parking brake) I can get the problem to duplicate, either make the signals work or not work. I then started to put pressure on each fuse and found that the 10 amp fuse that is labeled gauge 1, which affects the turn signals and back up lights was the problem. The fuse was not blown but I replaced it with a newer fuse that had more robust contacts (thicker) and it seemed to fix the problem. The power door still does not work but as I stated before I think it is a separate problem.
Do you have access to a diagnostic tool to see which ECU codes are stored?Do either power sliding doors make any effort to unlock and move in either direction?