Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Avalon: Ron, . I'm trying to pass emissions

Customer Question

Hi Ron, my name is Charlie. I'm trying to pass emissions and i'm running into the EV monitor. It will not read. I've replaced the vsv for pressure switching valve last night. I've also checked the VSV for evap with a battery and it clicks. Also i tracked down a vacuum line that had a pinhole in it. Unfortunately i have a full tank in the car. I'm planning on siphoning some gas out of the car tonight and doing a cold start / drive again. The question I have for you. Is there a fuse for the evap system under the hood?
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long does it take for the ev monitor to read?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Your fuel tank usually needs to be about half tank or less for the test to run and pass and may take some driving around as well as engine starts and shut downs before it will run.Anytime you disconnect the battery or clear out any codes or reset the computer the testing starts all over again.I would see if the EV runs and passes at 1/2 tank or less.
Thanks Pete