Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Highlander Hybrid: 06 Highlander Hybrid - ABS cycling, car

Customer Question

06 Highlander Hybrid - ABS cycling, car running, stopped, in gear, foot on brake. You can hear a 'popping' sound inside the cab and feel the lines on the abs pump vibrate. Is it normal to purge like that and maybe a line is vibrating against the firewall?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This can be due to a fault with the abs pump/motor fault itself.It may also be a fault with an abs line hitting a component.This will need to be checked/tested further to pinpoint the cause here and once the cause is located repaired.If the abs light is on the fault codes need checked with a scan tool to see what codes are set as this will help diagnose and locate the fault.
Thanks Pete