Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Tundra: I was getting ready to install after market headlights

Customer Question

Hi I was getting ready to install after market headlights when I realized my taillights and front marker likes were not working what could this be ??
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for choosing Just Answer
Please allow me to assist you. This sounds like a blown TAIL fuse. This fuse is located in the panel under the dashbard on the driver side. I would look to see if this fuse has power coming into it. Remove and examine the fuse closely. You might have a very small breal in the fuse wire It might look ok ,but still is blown.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried a new fuse in the tail one what should I do next
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My left tail light turn signal is also going very quickly sir ?
Your left turn signal is going quickly for one of two reasons. Either you have a burnt out bulb or you have a poor ground circuit. The lamps blink at a specific rate based on the amount of power the bulbs consume. If 50% of the power is not being used, the lamp blinks faster. If the bulbs are good (try them on the other side), the ground is bad or not connecting to the bulb properly. The bextt hing to do if the fuse does not work is to see if there is power in the Tail fuse socket. Use a testlight.