SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  over 16 years experience
10552493

Toyota Tacoma: Helo Mike , I'm David and I also topped up my

Customer Question

Helo Mike , I'm David and I also topped up my A/C system this afternoon with not such good results !
It blows warmer now than before and my clutch constantly cuts in and out and I am concerned that it may be overfull ?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.
The reason the a/c clutch is kicking off and on is because the system is probably overcharged.It does this to prevent damage to the a/c system.You will have to have the refrigerant recovered and recharged again to the proper level.The low side pressure of the a/c system should be around 35psi with the engine running and the a/c on.The high side pressure should be around 180-210-psi.Also make sure the cooling fans by the radiator are working and putting out a lot of air.And be sure to replace the cabin filter.
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT (or 3-5 STARS) today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help you more.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating.
Thank you!David