Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Camry LE: my 2003 Camry passenger side window does not operate.

Customer Question

my 2003 Camry passenger side window does not operate. I pulled the motor from the door panel and hooked it straight up to a battery power source and it works fine..I replaced the switch and no better. The actuator is a little tight but will slide with hand pressure ok..I am at a loss. I noticed a little 'object' wired to the motor leads on the door panel..not sure if this is an in-line fuse or not..Please help
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for using our serviceThat little object is most likely a capacitor to reduce interference to the sound system.Which switch was replaced, the master switch or the right front door switch?Do you have a 12 volt test light or voltmeter available?If you do, connect the test light or meter between the two terminals of the motor connector on the wire harness side, turn the ignition switch on, operate the master switch either up or down, does the light turn on either in the up or down switch position? If using a volt meter, the meter will read either positive or negative voltage of about 12 volts depending on the switch position. Let me know the result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to respond next week, the car is not at my place and I need to travel to work on it....Is there an in-line fuse on the passenger side door, not part of the wiring harness?
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Not from the factory, if there is it's something that was added on, Toyota doesn't use inline fuses, all fuses are integrated into separate fuse/relay blocks