sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2005 Toyota Avalon 3.5, new compressor and receiver/drier

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Toyota Avalon 3.5, new compressor and receiver/drier work great. Started up after 3 hours, blowing warm and ac pressures the same, any help
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just made payment; where did you go?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My e-mail is***@******.*** in case you need it! Hello!!! where are you, you read my question and asked for payment which was accepted. Did you receive my questions and money?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again. did you receive my question and money?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I started the car and ran it down the road blowing cold for about 5 miles, then it started blowing warm air as I was driving, hit the off button on the ac controls, 1-2 min. later turn ac back on, blowing cold again as I was still driving. Ac pressure low side 34 psi.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the pressures were the same that means the compressor wasn't running at that time. The compressor not coming on could be quite a few things including the clutch coil, pressure sensor/switch, the control head, wiring, or a control head issue.
Why was the compressor replaced?
What pressures was it showing at the time the engine was running but the compressor wasn't engaged?