Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

How do i disconnect the power mirror electric connector

Customer Question

How do i disconnect the power mirror electric connector on 2002 Toyota Camry,,
drivers side mirror???
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for postingOn this model the electrical connector for the mirror is about eight inches down behind the door panel, if you already have the new mirror you can see how long the wire is, the door panel should be removed to gain access to it, however, if you are handy with splicing wires and have a soldering tool you can cut and splice the wires back together following the color codes, each wire splice must be insulated either by using shrink tubing or insulating tape.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay,, my replacement mirror did not have any pig tail to solder to leads coming from car door,,, and neither did original mirror,,, there is a plug on end of cable from door that plugs into female part in mirror... i discovered there was a lock tab on connector and by tripping that lock device plug came out very easily and i had the mirror replaced in 15 min.. thank you for offering your help however i did not find it useful or helpful,,, I am fine with the $5 fee but do not feel any further payment beyond the $5 is warranted...
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
I understand, thanks for using our service.