Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Toyota Camry LE: : I have Toyota Camry 2011 and mileage on

Customer Question

Hi: I have Toyota Camry 2011 and mileage on that car is 45450 and dealer told me I need front brake pad and re surface router cause they say my router had little rust on router and also they say need to brake flush and throttle body clean they have not refill my brake fluid cause they say you need to flush please guide me what to do
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Resurfacing of the rotors is fairly routine whenever replacing the pads, either due to rusting or pitting of the rotor, warped rotors, or glazed rotors. Front pads normally last from 30000 to 60000 miles, depending upon driving habits, so 45000 miles is normal wear for them
The brake fluid should be flushed every 2yrs or 24000 miles. If not done yet, it is overdue. Brake fluid over a couple of years accumulates water in it from the condensation of heating and cooling of the fluid as the brakes are used. On ABS brakes, this can significantly shorten the life of the ABS hydraulic unit and master cylinder.
Throttle body cleaning is good to do every 30000 to 45000 miles to keep the throttle body clean of carbon deposits which can affect how well it opens and closes, thus causing idle issues. If you have no issues with rough idle or surging, hesitation or loss of power, then this can wait.
But you definitely want the brakes including the flush done
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks