Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Sienna: My 2000 Toyota Sienna just started vibrating at 55

Customer Question

My 2000 Toyota Sienna just started vibrating at 55 mph - 65 mph. Car has 309,000 mileage...vibrating started just recently after a rear brake replacement (calipers and all). I had all 4 wheels rebalanced, even though they were fine prior to the brake job. Do you have any other suggestions? BTW, I can accelerate past the vibration at 65 mph...then car has no vibration. Also, there is no vibration in the steering wheel; in fact when i let go of the wheel on a smooth road, she goes straight as an arrow down the road, so it's not an alignment problem. Thanks, Carl
Category: Toyota
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.
Hello...welcome and thank you for using Justanswer. If the vibration started after the brake job the most common problem is the brake rotors out of round or a poor installation of the rotors ,pads or calipers.If the rotors are installed without cleaning the hub ,rust can get stuck there and the rotor will be wobbling causing vibration.Also it is possible that the rotors are defective right out of the shelve.Just take close look at this things and make sure none of the rear wheels is too tight/dragging. Good luck.Let me know.Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** schedule an appointment with my mechanic (where the brakes were done) and let you know the results...
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.
Ok,let me know .Thank you.