Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Toyota Diagnostics
18617752

Tacoma: 2006 toyota tacoma 4 cyl with no computer codes will

Customer Question

2006 toyota tacoma 4 cyl with no computer codes will turn over with no problems but will not start. What the possiblr problems?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have access to any testing equipment, such as a test lamp or multi-meter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VOM meter only
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Without and p-codes present, it's back to basics to start with here. We'll need to check for spark and fuel pressure to begin with. To check spark, Remove the ignition coil. Remove the spark plug. Install the spark plug to the ignition coil and connect the ignition coil connector. Disconnect the 4 injector connectors. Ground the spark plug (hold it near a solid ground like the block or strut/shock tower). Visually check that sparks occur while the engine is being cranked.If spark checks ok, next check fuel pressure. For this, you will need a pressure tester. You can usually rent this from any local part store if you do not have one. Connect the tool to the pressure port and turn the key on , but engine off. The pressure should be between 40.8 to 41.7 psi. If not, the fuel pump would be the culprit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I think it is more simple. Because the truck run great after it start.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'm not quite sure I understand. You stated in your question that it turns over, but does not start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just cancel my account. I will quest to find a answer.