Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  34 Years of working on vehicle repair/diagnostics! ;)
9261905

Toyota: I change my battery, when i fix another battery, i

Customer Question

I change my battery, when i fix another battery, i discovered that the NAV system is showing me to insert map DVD, and its there but nonof my sound system is working. Kindly Help.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you ..Sorry to see you have had a wait.
If the displays saying CODE or similar - then you need to enter a security code in the radio for it to work- you should have this in your cars docs... If not - you need to get it from your local Toyota dealer... then it will work.
If thats not the issue -try disconnecting the battery - keys out of the car... touch the battery cable connections together to each other and hole for several seconds.. then refit to the battery - and retry. This should reboot it and work.
IF not - then Im afraid you will need to have plug in tests done to see what has failed to fix.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-Meantime ----- Please do the rating for me at this time.. - Thank you in advance for that - ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating should you need more at all - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.