Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

4 runner limited: I have a toyota 4 runner limited it has never

Customer Question

I have a toyota 4 runner limited it has never given one problem Sunday I went to town to get parts for another and the engine starts ti rattle like it has no oil and the oil light is on I parked it checked the oil and it good have I lost a oil pump
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The oil pump does sound like it has failed or there is an issue with the cam or crank bearings needing replaced as these will cause this.The other issue is sludge build up in the engine oil pan or the oil pick up tube being sludged up.
These will all need checked to locate the cause and then repaired from there to correct it.
Thanks Pete