Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Corolla: no spark or fuel

Customer Question

no spark or fuel
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. You need to see power in the following fuses: 7.5 amp IGN15 amp AM215 amp EFI or F-HTR (could be either designation)If you have power in all of those fuses, pull the EFI (or sometimes labeled F-HTR) and see if you have power in 2 of the 4 sockets on the fuse panel. This relay is under the hood, second from the right. If you have power, replace this relay. If you do not have power, you are losing power between 7.5 IGN and the 15 amp EFI fuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all fuses are ok
Chekc for power, not just if the fuse is OK. Test light or voltmeter.If you do not have power in the above fuses, the ignition switch may be bad, as it powers the coil side of the EFI relay. (thru the 7.5 amp IGN fuse)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I've checked all fuses and fuse boxes for power already and I have power. Heres a little background to what happened. Was driving home and everything was fine and then it just died no engine light or anything.
Look for a loose ground on the battery or where the battery connects to the body. Corrosion on the negative terminal will cause this. You will have 'power', but not enough to run the computer and the other systems. Also make sure the battery has 13 volts in it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to put that on things I've already tried. Cleaned all negative grounds from battery and under hood. Brand new battery.
do you have power at the key switch wire connector? You should have power Black with a red stripe all the time. With the key in the On position, power should come out of the ignition switch in the Black with a white stripe wire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check and get back to you.
ok