Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

Toyota sienna: Our 2006 Toyota sienna with 280000km stalled

Customer Question

Our 2006 Toyota sienna with 280000km stalled as we were slowing down on highway, we pulled into a parking lot. We checked for any leaks , oil level, over heating and all was good. We restarted the car and engine is running rough a little and will not accelerate over about 2000rpm will stall out sometimes could you give me any thoughts on what to do the van was running perfect until this happened
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using the site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.
.
You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.
..

Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.
.
.
If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.
.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.