Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Sienna: I have a 2002 Toyota sienna van. The cable broke for

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Toyota sienna van. The cable broke for the electric sliding door. The power door alarm will not go off once the car is in drive.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Most likely a sensor/switch was not triggered to let the computer know what position the door is in this can cause the alarm to go off like this here.I don't see a way to by pass this myself to shut off the alarm noise.The door and its components will need inspected and repaired as needed and any broken or damaged components replaced.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete