Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Rav4 toyota: I have no idea if you can help me but I'm at a

Customer Question

I have no idea if you can help me but I'm at a stand still. My car died yesterday, called aaa they cane out bit couldn't diagnose the problem I had them just put a new battery in. It seems there is a humming noise coming from behind stering wheel area. Also auto magic starter and system is installed. Now without the keys in the dash boards are lighting up. I brought to mechanic and they ran a test and no numbers came up plus the locking mechanism isn't unlocking properly. Please help no idea what's going on and no one gets it.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I have seen in several cases before where after market remote start systems when they fail or act up electronically can cause a no start issue as well as door lock issue.I would have it bypassed to see if this corrects the fault.If it does then it needs repaired,removed or replaced.
Thanks Pete