Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

The ready light wont come on can you help

Customer Question

the ready light wont come on can you help
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds like a problem with the fob or the button/receiver assembly. The one thing you can do is as follows:Take the fob and place it as close to the button as you can, touching the plastic right next to the button. Depress the brake pedal and then press the start button. See if that makes the vehicle start. If so, either the battery in the fob is bad or there is a problem between the fob and the button/receiver unit. Additionally, if the brake lights do not work, the ready light will not come on. Try the fob close to the button technique and see if that helps. If not, you will need a dealership to diagnose it for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer