Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota: I have a 1993 Toyota 4Runner, when I turn on the A/C

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Toyota 4Runner, when I turn on the A/C the fuses blows, is this cause of the A/C relay? If so where is the A/C relay located at?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The AC relay is under the dash on the passenger side, behind the glove box. It has the following wires leading to it: red/greenredgreenblue white the AC fuse powers up the following circuits: AC switch (on the control panel)AC Amplifier (under the dash, passenger side)AC Relay (under the dash, passenger side)AC pressure switch (on the refrigerant line in the engine compartment) To diagnose, this is best done by process of elimination. Fit a new fuse and disconnect all of the above units. Plug each one back in until the fuse blows. Then you will have isoolated the the problem