EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced Level Certified, 17 years dealer experience
34559540

When I made turns there was a grinding noise the left axle

Customer Question

when I made turns there was a grinding noise the left axle side was replaced no noise. now its makes a grinding noise when I make a right turn. replaced the left rotor and put on new brake pads. still the grinding
Category: Toyota
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Did you check the front wheel bearing for play? They are common to cause grinding when turning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is play between the rotor the bearing and the axle. so what do I do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more thing when I put it in reverse it grinds real loud when I first start to move and then the stops I cant reverse I have to move forward and back up again
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Ok. First any wheel bearings that have play or are grinding will need to be replaced. If there is play in the wheel you need to have the bearing replaced. The bearing is a press in style. You need to remove the knuckle from the vehicle and then press out and in a new bearing.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for viewing my response. If you have any more questions or comments please ask. Otherwise please rate the service provided and thank you for using Just Answer.