Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have a ticking sound coming from my right front wheel on

Customer Question

I have a ticking sound coming from my right front wheel on my 2010 Tundra crewmax rock warrior 85000 miles at first I thought it was the rings on the rims but that doesn't seem to be the cause. Any Ideas or does it sound like a roller bearing going?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds like the beginnings of a hub bearing failure. If I were you, I would take this vehicle to a facility that has a hoist. Raise the vehicle up and spin the wheels. Using a mechanic's stethescope, listen to the hub bearing by placing the probe on the back side of the hub area (where the front axle comes through). Any grinding, buzzing, clicking noises are cause to replace the wheel bearing. These are notorious to fail; we replace many of these every month. I would not be surprised if you need a wheel/hub bearing replacement. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer