sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Toyota tacoma: I have a Toyota Tacoma 2002 2.7 L 2wd 230.000

Customer Question

I have a Toyota Tacoma 2002 2.7 L 2wd 230.000 miles and my EFI relay 30amp has "blown" twice in 2 weeks. What would cause this?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The fuse should actually be a 20 amp.
The fuse is blowing because of high current draw in a component on the circuit or there is a short to ground in the wiring. It will take some electrical testing to determine what is going on, it may be necessary to break the circuit up with inline fuses and see which one blows to narrow down the area with the high draw or short.
This circuit is a power feed to the ECM, eventually to the fuel pump, evap vent valve, mass airflow sensor, idle air control motor, EGR valve, and oxygen sensors.
The irst thing you'll want to do is a visual inspection of the wiring to these components. If nothing can be seen you can also start the engine and wiggle test the wiring. If you can move a section of harness and get the fuse to blow then you've found the area with the short.