Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

4runner: I have a 93 4runner 3.0 auto 4x4, II tried to take

Customer Question

I have a 93 4runner 3.0 auto 4x4, II tried to take the output shaft speed sensor out and the plastic tip broke off went in trans will this hurt anything.probably dumb ?
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dj replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting us with your question. I'm DJ.You might get away with leaving it there, but it's just not worth the risk. Eventually the drive gear on the transmission output shaft is going to shave away the plastic and the plastic bits could float around in the transmission.One thing that transmissions can't tolerate is debris. Tolerances are very tight and any dirt can cause valves to stick, clutches to slip and ultimately, transmission failure.If you are going to do the repair yourself, it's not hard. My only caution is don't overdue it with the sealant. Use just enough to cover the mating surfaces. It it oozes out on the outside, it's oozing out on the inside too. Please let me know if you have any additional questions on this or if there is anything more I can do to help you.DJ