Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Toyota Camry: I have a 2005 Toyota Camry and I will be replacing

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Toyota Camry and I will be replacing the coolant. The car came with pink Super Long Life Coolant from the factory. This coolant comes diluted 50/50 from the dealer. Toyota also sells Long Life Coolant which is red and concentrated. Can I use the red and just cut it with distilled water? I don't have a problem getting a 50/50 mix because I know the cooling system takes 1.6 gallons. Will using the red damage my engine or components in any way? If it will hurt the engine in any way, I'll keep the pink. And if not, then what is the difference between the two? Will the red last me 50k miles or 5 years? The manual says the pink will have to be changed in 5 years or 50 miles as well.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** super long life, and the regular long life are 2 different coolants, and are not interchangable, in 2004 toyota changed over to the pink, instead of the red, you need the pink super long life in this, it is only sold as a 50/50 premix, and the red is only sold in the full strength, do not use the red in this,Tim