Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Sienna: Had toyota Sienna in mile check up and rear

Customer Question

Had toyota Sienna in for 80000 mile check up and rear brake job abut 200 miles ago. Engine light and VSC Light just came on.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome ot Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The brake job would have nothing to do with the check engine light coming on, unless the tech that did the work somehow damaged a line under the vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do the lights mean?
The first thing you need to to to address this situation is to take the vehicle somewhere that can attach a scan tool to the car and check the diagnostic trouble code (DTC). Without the DTC anything we do right now is sheer speculation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O.k.
The lights are on because a sensor is malfunctioning in some fashion. The VSC light is designed to come on whenever the check engine light comes on; it does not mean that you have a VSC problem. If you had a VSC issue, the check engine light would not be on
Most likely, it is an Air-fuel sensor, Oxygen sensor, a vacuum switching valve (for the emissions) or a faulty gas cap seal. These are the most common items.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply. If you are satisfied with my assistance, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for choosing Just Answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a unit in the transmission speed sensor gadget - $464.00
Glad you got is sorted out. I did not think the brake job had anything to do with it.