Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Camry xle: My 1995 Camry xle has had the alternator, belt,

Customer Question

My 1995 Camry xle has had the alternator, belt, battery, and battery connectors (not cables) replaced. Allegedly the starter and attached solenoid check good. Often, when the key is turned in the ignition, everything lights up but there is no starter activity, there is some "clicking" noises. Other times it seems to start. If I jump start it it seems to start after a few minutes. The battery is new and fully charged. Any experiential thoughts on what the problem might be?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! If your sure that the battery and connections are good (just because they are new does not mean they are good), then I would suspect a bad starter motor preventing the engine from starting at times.