Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

Celica GT: !I own a 1993 toyota Celica GT.I have

Customer Question

Hi!
I own a 1993 toyota Celica GT.
I have problems with it not accelerating when and it just decelerates even pushing the gas peddle to the floor. I can be going at a slow speed or even at higher speeds on the freeway trying to go from 50 to 60.
I have taken it to 3 different mechanics and they can't duplicate the problem. And have no idea what is wrong.
Any ideas?
Thank you
Trayce
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for postingDid the mechanics that looked at it tell you they can't duplicate it or they do not know how to fix it?Does the check engine light turn on while driving? Has it been checked for any diagnostic trouble codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They say they can't duplicate it and can't find anything wrong.
Check engine light does not come on.
I do not know about the diagnostic codes. Have not been told if that has occurred .
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply, does the engine idle normally? If yes, take the car to a muffler shop like Midas or similar shop that does exhaust work and have then check to see if the catalytic converter may be clogged.