Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Solera xle: My check engine / vsc / trac off light keep coming

Customer Question

My check engine / vsc / trac off light keep coming on and off on my 2004 toyota solera xle. This has been happening for years. Every mechanic says its a different thing. I had the water pump replaced & timing belt. I had a gas leak, so had that fixed. I replaced the aic valvue and autozone just pulled up P0505 which is again the AIC.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And replaced the gas cap twice. The first one I got from auto zone the second from toyota.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you The P0505 is indeed an IAC code. This code is sent whenever the IAC shutter valve motor sends an improper violtage response to the computer. Even though you recently replaced it, that does not mean it cannot go bad. Also, the area in which the IAC operates can get very dirty with carbon buildup. If the shutter is rubbing the carbon buildup, or the buildup is in any way impeding the action of the IAC, you will get a P0505The recommendation I have for you would be to remove the IAC. Look for carbon buildup in the IAC area, and on the IAC itself. Clean the carbon with carb cleaner if found. If there is carbon in there, I would not re-use the IAC; I would strongly recommend replacing it. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer