Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Toyota solara 5sfe: I have a 1999 solara . Just replaced the

Customer Question

I have a 1999 solara . Just replaced the engine. I get no power at the fuel pump from turning the ignition but i can jump the fuel pump relay manually an activate the pump. The car won't tun either way
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you.
The fuel pump activates as follows:
Key On
The computer sends a ground signal to the Circuit Opening Relay ("COR")
The key on signal sends a voltage signal to the Other side of the COR. This is fused by the 5 amp IGN fuse.
The COR relay closes and power is transferred to the fuel pump. Power that enters the fuel pump side of the COR is fused by the 15 amp EFI fuse and then passes thru the EFI relay, which is powered up by the key on voltage signal
Diagnosis: With the key on, you should have power in 2 of the 4 sockets under the COR (COR removed for this test).
If no power, check the IGN fuse and the EFI fuse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will check and get back to you ,but I'm pretty sure that the owner of the fuses are good

You might have a bad EFI or COR relay. Check and ensure that they click when the key is turned to start