Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Tacoma 4x4: This morning I started my truck, AC was on, experienced

Customer Question

This morning I started my truck, AC was on, experienced belt squeal and then AC light began blinking. Belt squeal stopped, AC light continues to blink, so turned off AC. Any thoughts??
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dj replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting us with your question. I'm DJ.From your description, it sounds like the AC compressor is locked up.This would cause both the squealing because the belt would be slipping and it would also cause the AC light to blink because the system sees the engine turning at a different speed than the compressor.If you have someone else turn on the AC switch while you are checking to see if the clutch turns on your AC compressor, you can confirm that this is the problem.Is this a repair that you would do yourself or will you be taking it to a shop?DJ