Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Suzuki sidekick: I replaced brake light switch fuse good light

Customer Question

I replaced brake light switch fuse good light bulbs good 95 Suzuki sidekick what do I do
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience and I'm here to help with this problem. Additional services may be offered for detailed information.
The 2 wires at the brake lamp switch should be green and green/white. Green is from the fuse and green/white is the supply to the brake lights. With a test light verify power on the green from the fuse and green/white supply to the brake lights when the pedal is down. If the test light lights bright at the switch green/white wire with the pedal down check the ground behind the left tail lamp (2 door) and (4 door above left rear wheel well behind the left rear door). If there is power at the switch and nothing on the output when the pedal is down the switch is defective. This circuit should be verified with a teat light.
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Should you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks so much.
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.
Have you had a chance to check this circuit.
Let me know if you have any question.
Thanks.