Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Toyota sequoia: I have a 2004 Toyota sequoia and the trac off

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Toyota sequoia and the trac off and vsc trac and the check engine light came on, we had a rebuilt transmission done last month and changed out the spark plugs and fuel filter. What could be causing this
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. We;cpme tp Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you
Did you get the vehicle scanned to check what codes were setting off the check engine light?
If not, I would recommend you do this. I would not think that the rebuilt transmission has anything to do with this issue, however, the installation of the transmission may have created the problem.
In any case, a scan is essential to a proper diagnosis and rectification. Without the codes, anything that would be suggested is pure speculation.
One thing I can say, though, is there is always the possibility that your gas cap is loose, or the seal of the gas cap is not holding the gasoline vapours from escaping under the cap. When either of these things happen, the check engine light comes on.
Note that the other 2 lights come on when ever the check engine light comes on; this does not mean you have a problem with the Trac or the VSC.
If you have the scan codes, or have any questions, please feel free to reply