Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Prius: Ron, I just replaced two bad cells from my 06 prius

Customer Question

Hi Ron, I just replaced two bad cells from my 06 prius and cleaned the cooling fan that circulates air over the cells. But im still getting a code that says the battery is overheating what are your thoughts and can you help?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.
Hello. It seems that my colleague has been offline for a while, and you have been waiting for a response. Please allow me to assist
You cleaned the cooling fan from debris, yes? Did you clean the intakes for the air to get to the fan, and then clean where it exhausts? I would hope to think that you have already done that.
The next thing to do is run the vehicle temperature test with nothing covering the HV battery. If the temperature is still high, see what the temperature actually is. Use a laser temp gauge and a scan tool that will tel you the temperature in real time.
I'm thinking you have a faulty temperature sensor.