Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

Tacoma: I have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma. Something is pulling,

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma. Something is pulling, and draining the battery. I took it to a shop, cost me $100, and they don't know what it is. They are insisting it's some of my aftermarket installs, but I don't think so. I've completely unhooked by stereo, my backup camera, my fog lights etc. I've narrowed it down by checking the draw, to the AM1 fuse. When it's in, I have a draw of .12, when I pull it out, it goes down to 0. But I don't know what this means..is the fuse bad, or is something else connected to this fuse causing the draw? My battery is dead everyday!
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for posting
Is that 0.12A? Have you checked that there are no lights staying on?
Is there an aftermarket alarm system installed?
The AM1 fuse gets voltage from the battery and then connects to the ignition switch so the draw has to originate between the battery and the switch, I'm wondering if something is wired in there before the switch.