Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2nd gen Prius: I just left the dealership and have a C1300

Customer Question

I just left the dealership and have a C1300 and they want to replace the computer basically for 2 grand.
I know a shop that had trouble installing a rearview mirror radar fried something, as they never could install it. Let me drive off the lot then it lit up like a xmas tree.. isn't it possible this could have happened? Also isn't this new ABS ECU part a plug and play? Why would they need to pull the whole dash to install it? Can I find this part cheaper than 2 grand? Can it be proven with the old part that the mom / pop shop friend my car?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
The dash does not have to be removed to replace the PCM, yes you can find them rebuilt aftermarket.The ABS is plug and play but will function better if flashed to the most recent update. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris