Dj
Dj, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 30+ years in automotive repair.
10906483

Toyota: 1993 Toyota 4 runner. runs as long as key is cranking

Customer Question

1993 Toyota 4 runner. runs as long as key is cranking then when let key go it dies.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dj replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting us with your question. I'm DJ.
When this happens, it's usually a problem with the circuit that powers the fuel pump. We can test this very easily.
Use a paper clip bent into a U shape or a piece of wire and jumper B+ to FP in the DIAGNOSIS box.
The diagnosis box is right next the fuse box under the hood. It's black and about 1" by 2".
Inside the lid of the box, is a chart that shows what each of the terminals is. The terminals are shaped like this O_O and a paper clip fits perfectly into the O part.
This will bypass a couple of circuits and should power the fuel pump whenever the key is in the RUN position.
Let me know how this works and we'll go from here and figure this out.
DJ