Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

Scion xD: Just trying to figure out simple fixes (reasons)

Customer Question

Just trying to figure out simple fixes (reasons) my '08 scion xD A/C is not blowing out cold air. I have not taken it in yet, wanted to see what I can do before spending unnecessary money
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for posting
The most common reason for this is low Freon pressure, possibly a small leak somewhere in the system, it sounds like the compressor is not turning on. The only thing you can do without connecting expensive equipment is to visually inspect the hoses and the pipes for leaks, check the condenser in front of the radiator for possible rock damage, get a recharge kit from an autoparts store or target/ walmart, they cost around $40 for the good ones, try adding some Freon yourself following the directions that come with the kit.