Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Highlander: We replaced both knock sensors but now we have

Customer Question

We replaced both knock sensors but now we have a knocking noise. There was a small knocking noise before similar to the one now but it would only sound when I was excelling when driving. What do you think
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The knock sensor are designed to detect an engine ping due too excessive timing and have no control over stopping an engine knock. Knocking can be cause by a worn piston rod or even a worn wrist pin. One why you can try and isolate which cylinders it coming from it to pull each spark plug wire one at a time while the knock is present, if the know changes and or gets softer then that is the cylinder with the problem.