Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Camry se: 2009 camry SE. Heater / AC Blower does not work.

Customer Question

2009 camry SE. Heater / AC Blower does not work. A/C comes on and gets cold. All lights on controls are normal just no air coming out.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are having can be caused by any of the following,
Blower Motor
Blower Motor Resistor
Blower Motor Switch
With the blower motor being the most common , I have enclosed the test steps for testing the blower motor in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Blower%20motor%20Jun%2010.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ron,The 2009 Camry does not have a blower motor resistor. It is a pulse width modulated system.Assuming I get voltage at the motor connectors then it would probably be the motor or one of it's components that is failing. I dought a 6 year old electric motor would fail but one of the PWM electronics might. I can pick up an after market blower assembly for around $100. Does the motor assembly contain all the PWM electronics (modulator, amplifier, etc.)?If I don't get voltage at the connectors then what?The heater / AC controls seem to be functioning (the indicator lights are all normal, not flashing).I checked all the fuses I could pull but there seems to be 2 banks of fuses (bus fuses?) in the engine compartment fuse box that are bolted in. Would the motor fuse be associated with these?Just FYI..... This issue cropped up after a battery swap due to a dead battery.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Before you replace the motor try applying power and ground to it and see if it runs. Try this first and post back if it runs and we can work from there.