Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Tundra: I have recently just purchased a 2007 Toyota Tundra

Customer Question

I have recently just purchased a 2007 Toyota Tundra that needed an new engine. After swapping out the engine I installed the battery and have what seems to be multiple electrical issues happening that are most likely related. The truck doesn’t start and when I checked if there was power to the starter from the ignition I found that there was power to the engine block using a test light. I disconnected all of the engine sensor connectors, starter and alternator and the 3 engine ground connections on the back of the engine block and found that there is power to the grounds coming from the ECM. I figured there was an internal short in the ECM, made a call to the local wrecker and got a used ECM. This did not solve the problem. I have a buzzing coming from the EFI #1 relay which is located below the EFI 25A fuse in a larger 4 relay setup. When I attach the test light to the disconnected engine ground the buzzing stops until I remove the test light again. I also have blinking dash lights (4hi and 4 lo and the ABS light stays on). What should I do next?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not got help elsewhere and Yes I do still need help. My concern is urgent.
Thanks,
Travis
Hi
I can say I have never seen a block have power, I would assume the chassis does as well since they are grounded together. When you say it will not start, I assume meaning it will not crank?
Does the frame have power as well?
With a volt meter, what is the voltage eon the battery posts then on the block?
With the information I have so far. I suggest unplugging every sensor attached to the engine to see if the block then loses the voltage. Also clean and confirm good connections on the negative battery cable at the chassis and engine.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris