Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Tundra: , I replaced the engine on my 4.7l and now after

Customer Question

Hi, I replaced the engine on my 4.7l and now after several trys it cranks but dies immediately. what is going on
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Any codes stored?
Have you monitored the fuel pressure?
Will it run briefly on starting fluid?
I assume it runs briefly when you say cranks but dies immediate?
If so then I see no reason to verify spark and injector pulse.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I have not check the fuel pressure however it has plenty of fuel in the tank. when you crank it it runs perfect some time for me maybe 3 seconds and then it diesit truly acts as if it's run out of gas but I don't think it's running out of gas maybe Perhaps it loses fuel pressureI have to turn the key back and forth several times in order for it to pressure up alarm begithe engine that I installed is a used engine 88k miles.is there a number for the fuel pressure reading and where do I check on this engine
Without a diagnostic tool, fusel pressure is checked by T ing into the injector supply rail with a gauge. You want to see above 30 psi when the key is on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want make the check tomorrow thank you;
Super.