Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng, Repaired my own cars and others for 20 years, worked in Formula 1 for 10 years
12772297

My 2012 rav4 will not start. It is not getting any fuel from

Customer Question

My 2012 rav4 will not start. It is not getting any fuel from the tank to the fuel rail
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Ok you've confirmed its a lack of fuel so its likely to be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.
If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.
if all of this is Ok then replace the pump
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hi
do you still need help?