Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Pick up: I have a 1993 Toyota four-wheel-drive it out of rough

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Toyota four-wheel-drive it out of rough going to put it in gear goes way down it will not pass admissions too much wasted gas
I have a 1993 Toyota four-wheel-drive it out of rough going to put it in gear goes way down It will not pass the mission is it too much wasted fuel
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It idles rough
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This fault here can be caused by an incorrectly reading oxygen sensor as I have seen in some cases before and had to replace it.If this sensor is sending an incorrect signal this will cause rough idling/running like this here and cause the rich fuel issue.If this has not been checked this should be done.In general it is always best to replace the oxygen sensor at 100,000 miles unless it fails before this.You may have two of these sensors and both should be replaced at 100,000 miles.
Thanks Pete